- Our Community
- CIVIC Volunteer Program
CIVIC Volunteer Program
The City of Collinsville has developed a program to better connect the public to the City through community engagement. The “Collinsville Involves Volunteers In our Community” (C.I.V.I.C.) Volunteer Program coordinates efforts to allow volunteer participation in many City departments or City sponsored events.
Collinsville citizens are encouraged to invest time in their community by becoming a volunteer to assist in special events or short/long-term projects. The volunteer experience helps strengthen the city’s resources, helps our citizens get a better understanding of their local government, and gives our residents a sense of pride in their community.
Why should I consider volunteering in the City of Collinsville's C.I.V.I.C. Program?
Serving your community by providing your time as a volunteer is an investment in your community, but also has personal rewards. Volunteering for your City can produce positive benefits such as:
- Strengthen self-esteem and confidence
- Give back to others and feel valued
- Have an impact on the community that you live
- Set an example and be a role model
- Make new friends
- Gain knowledge and experience that can be used in your professional career
- Learn new skills
- Try out new employment paths
- Establish contacts
As a C.I.V.I.C. Program volunteer, you will quickly learn that your personal volunteer experience will reward you more than you will ever imagine. The City of Collinsville needs you! Consider becoming a C.I.V.I.C. Program volunteer to better connect to your City through community engagement. You will be glad you made a difference serving your community.
What volunteer opportunities may be available?
There may be one or more volunteer opportunities available in various City Departments. In addition to department specific placement, there are occasions where volunteers are needed part-time for City sponsored special events, emergency operations planning and response, or special projects.
- Special Events: The City of Collinsville hosts several special events each year. Volunteers are needed to assist with many different tasks which may include: set-up, tear-down, trash pickup, event management, and any other duties based on need. There are a variety of events throughout the year, so volunteer assignments will vary based on event.
- Community Clean-up: The City of Collinsville participates in the Great American Clean Up and holds several other clean up events in the community. The City also works with the City Code Enforcement Department to find volunteers to help residents who may not have the ability to bring their property into compliance with city ordinances. Churches and other organizations are often called upon to help the elderly keep their property within regulations.
- Boards and Committees: The City of Collinsville has a number of boards and committees to assist with the day to day activities and policies of the city. To be eligible for a board or committee position, you must complete an application, be registered to vote in Tulsa County, and be a resident or an owner of real property in the City of Collinsville. Click here, to get more information on volunteering for one of our many boards or committees.
CLICK HERE FOR THE CIVIC VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP FORM